Frequently Asked Questions
Click on any question below to see its answer. (Click again to hide the answer.)
- Q: Is it true that I can receive free baby clothes from Welcome Baby?
A: Yes. Please see our Giving Closet page to learn what is available, when we are open, and where to find us.
- Q: What do I need to bring with me to the Giving Closet?
A: All visitors to the Giving Closet need to show photo ID, and proof of residency within Durham County by showing a current address.
- Q: Where are you located?
A: Welcome Baby is located at 721 Foster Street in Durham. You'll find a map of our location on our Maps page.
- Q: What classes does Welcome Baby offer now?
- Q: What other services are available to me in the community?
- Q: How can I donate to Welcome Baby? With my time, money, clothes?
- Q: I have more questions. Where else can I find reliable information on the web?
A: Ask an expert: a terrific resource for health and development information can be found at the American Academy of Pediatrics website: http://www.aap.org/.
- Q: How can I be sure that my car seat is installed correctly?
A: You can call your local EMS station to set up an appointment to have your car seat checked. If you are not sure where your local car seat checking station is, you can find out at www.nhtsa.gov.